Monday, 23 August 2004

Weighting Room: Goals worth weighting for!



Some friends and family have been asking me what secret potion I have been taking in order to slim down and so I would like to take a moment to write about how I am able to achieve my goals in that department. But first, I would like to say a few thank yous.



Thank you so much to my personal trainer, my husband, who has been helping me to achieve my health goals. When reaching for the next cookie, thank you for reminding me of my goals. Thank you for taking care of the Baby while I go running sometimes, while I soak my aching muscles or enjoy a hot sauna! Thank you for finding me great routes to run and choosing a home near an amazing park. Thank you for pushing the jogger stroller and running beside me, encouraging me to keep going. Thank you for taking me to the track and timing my run and teaching me about tempos and pyramids. I would not be where I am today, without you.



Thank you to my Baby for being patient in the jogger stroller while Mommy takes the long way to the playground. You look at birds, dogs and other things and sing songs for Mommy and I cannot remember one time when you have complained about being in the jogger. Once or twice, you want to get out recently to run beside me on the Green Path for awhile and sometimes we have even done some running together on the beach. Now we are doing yoga and stretching together and you are the best little exercise partner around! Everytime I see you running around, jumping, skipping and playing, you remind me to play too. Let's stay healthy as a family, guys!!!



Thank you so much to my folks for all their support through phone calls and for purchasing the jogger stroller for me. Dad- I loved our runs on the boardwalk and I love the ones we do now in Brussels when you come and the beaches in Ireland were incredible. You helped me get back into shape and your support keeps me going. And thank you, Mom, for taking Frunty to the Y so that Dad and I could go running and chatting to me on the phone about health, among other things. You guys believe in me and that is support I need!



And thank you to the person who told me that I wouldn't live til I was a 100 even if I tried to get into shape now in my thirties. Well, maybe or maybe not but I will die trying!!!!!! This is the kind of comment that fuels me on to achieve my goals. According to Runner's World, it is never too late to get healthy and back into shape and a body can become strong again at any age. No one knows how long they will live but everyone can try to live a long, healthy and happy life.



Thank you to B for all your positive comments over the years and for getting me into running in the first place in Japan. On long runs, I think of you and how you have been running forever. I really enjoyed our recent runs together, especially on that beach in Texel. Our chats are great and when I do my solo runs, I think about you, my Dad, my sister-in-law and all the people who are encouraging me because they are also runners.



Thank you to my nutritionist, health advisor, medical support team, J&J. You have taught me about proper portion sizes and upon my asking, pointed out that I overeat. I mean, over ATE. Your phone calls to your doctors in Taiwan and mainland China are greatly appreciated. Your soothing teas, discussions about beans, shopping together for books on yoga, getting together with our children and doing exercises in the park...you are already slim and in wonderful shape from a lifetime of eating very well and eating just enough. Teaching me how to hoola hoop was so funny too. Meeting you was a real turning point for me in Brussels and I thank my lucky stars everyday!



Now that I have thanked everyone I can think of and even the stars, I will sign off for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment