Friday, 3 September 2004

September is here but a heat wave has hit us so it feels like July. 30 degrees celsius in the sun! The boys are at the Brico buying lightbulbs and doing other guy stuff and I have a moment to write in my blog which I haven't done for awhile. If it is hot tomorrow, we are definitely going to the beach. Thursday we had our first Baby Time after a two week break. I am offering three classes now actually and may have to add another as the numbers are growing and I can't say "no" to all these Moms and kids who want to learn English! Plus I do have an assistant who helps me during each class with letting in late comers, preparing crafts, serving drinks and snacks etc. so I am able to handle the extra classes this fall.



Tuesdays 4:15-5:15 pm Baby Time English (0-3 year olds with Moms)



Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm English Time (3-5 year olds with Moms. The Moms may sit in the diningroom and have a cup of tea during the class...maybe I'll give them a project in English if they desire. Perhaps they just want a moment to gab in their own tongue!)



Thursdays 4:30-5:30 pm English Craft Class (any age, still songs, stories, puzzles etc. but the craft takes up the bulk of the time.)



The Moms are asking me to teach French to a new group of 2-3 year olds. My French is good enough and I may try it out for a month.



I have signed Frunty up for the Little Gym (an exercise class for Moms and children in French) on Wednesday afternoons and we will try to get to the pool once a week and the French library as well. So as you can see, we are quite busy having lots of fun. I have taken a break from the Old Age Home as it is very hard to cut Frunty's nap short. For Baby Time, he can wake up whenever he needs to and one time, he joined us during the snack. He got out of bed, came up the stairs and got right into the action...all on his own!!!



I'll add some pictures soon.





0 comments:

Post a Comment