Monday, 6 September 2004

This is the daddy writing about a little event that happened this morning. It was very cute. I was in the bathroom trying to be very quiet so as to not wake the baby. But just outside the door I could hear tiny footsteps going up the stairs. I slowly opened the door and saw the baby half way up the stairs! At first he frowned at me because the light from the bathroom was bright, but then he smiled and with the softest of voices he said, "Hi daddy." to which I replied, "Hi baby". Then with a quizzical look and a measured glance to the bathroom door the baby asked, "Mommy in there?" and with the slight disappointment of being second fiddle, I answered, "No. Mommy's upstairs." The baby smiled and his voice became stronger as he said, "Oh. Tank you daddy." and he continued up the stairs where I heard him cheer "Hi mommy!"



The mornings are when the baby is at his sweetest and most precious. His actions and inter-actions are calmer and more controlled as he shakes off his sleepiness. As a result, this little event has been one of his first proper conversations that I have had with him. I look forward to plenty more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment