Happy Pancake Tuesday!
I put Frunty into the jogger and met K at Cinq. Park for a one hour run. It was hard because I had gone running the day before and was tired but K was very kind to push the stroller the entire run for me.
Then Frunty and I visited the Airplane museum at Cinq. park which was really fun. We especially enjoyed the helicopters and the model airplanes in their little settings. After that we went to Sel and Sucre, a creperie.
I had forgotten that day that it was Pancake Tuesday but when we went in there, an Irish woman asked us if we were there because it was P.T. That was why she came. I said, "oh that's right!" Good timing. I just chose that place because it is close to the park and we like it. Frunty started with an orange icecream and cone and shared my mushroom crepe with me afterwards. Then we had a crepe au sucre for dessert and I enjoyed a cappucino.
Then we did some shopping and went to a new physiotherapist for pre-natal care. That didn't work out too well. She wanted to teach exercises to me but because she had a room full of balls/sticks, Frunty got too excited. I had brought him a train and his dvd player with Barney from Nonna. Normally that would have kept him quiet in the corner. (I know that here in Belgium, children should be seen but not heard...at least that is the impression we are getting over and over again...)
But how can you compete with balls of different sizes and sticks. We had to leave early because the physiotherapist was getting frustrated and made it quite clear. She said some things to Frunty and then to me that I did not appreciate. She clearly equates being good with being silent and being bad with being excited and happy. Even though her exercises seemed good, I think I will find another physiotherapist. She also said...
"you Americans, all you ever talk about are doing Kegels." First of all, I am not American and making sweeping generalizations like that is so ignorant. Furthermore, we are recommended to do Kegels during and after pregnancy and that is what I learned in Canada and it makes sense to me.
Finally, in my attempt to vent, she did not support my running. My doctor here does and that is one reason I appreciate his support. He says I am doing an excellent job and should continue as long as I am pain-free. I am 5.5 months pregnant and generally running very strong despite the odd run where I feel sluggish. Running slow is fine as long as I am not in pain.
So anyway...although this blog is about having fun with my Babies, it is also a diary for me to remember what goes on and not everything that happens here or anywhere else is always wonderful. But everyone knows that...including those reading my blog! I just say it to myself to keep it in mind.

0 comments:
Post a Comment