Today was a very happy day. Frunty and I went to Medicis (the medical building) for our fifth month ultrasound of Tiny Baby. We told the doctor that we did not want any results. Boy or girl, perfect or imperfect...we only came because our Dr. de V wanted us too and we want him to know the whole story. Well...the ultrasound doctor (Dr. Cos) told us we were "irresponsible" for not wanting to know and went on and on and on about how we should find out if something were wrong so we could prepare in more ways than one.
So I started to seriously think that something was actually wrong, what with the way she was going on and on about it. And finally she said, "but your baby is fine. Perfect. No problem." (all of this was in French.) By the way, I told her we were not irresponsible but she can think what she wants. I was almost sure she was going to tell us if it was a boy or girl but she didn't. Anyway, as far as she can tell, everything is just fine. She also asked Frunty's birth weight and thinks that Tiny Baby will probably be bigger. We shall see. And two ultrasounds now predict the 14th of June as the likely due date. We were on cloud nine after the appointment.
During the appointment, Frunty played with his plastercine on the ground and a little truck and a chop stick and had fun. I told him to look at the tv screen to see our Tiny Baby and he said, "cool". After he asked me, "feeling better now? Tiny Baby fine?" It really seems like Frunty is aware of what is going on and is a real sweetheart. Sometimes he asks me when Tiny Baby is coming out. He says "I want him". But when I ask Frunty if it is a boy or girl he always says, "guller".
What a great day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment