Thursday, 10 March 2005

We had a fun day yesterday as we hosted an Easter Egg Decorating Party and invited all our Baby Time/English Time/French Time friends. There were too many to count! Everyone was asked to bring a hard-boiled egg to decorate. A few eggs arrived broken but Frunty and I were prepared with extras. The children made beautiful designs using markers/crayons and Japanese, origami paper that I got from...you guessed, a Japanese garage sale.

The Moms brought lots of goodies and I feel like we could host another party today and feed everyone again! One Mom made a special pork dish for "Tiny Baby". I was really touched and grateful for the support I am receiving here during my pregnancy. My latest order coming down from the top (my Asian nutrition and exercise team) is to do "stairs" 30 minutes a day. I tried 5 minutes yesterday and could hardly walk!

After the party, we had our neighbours over from upstairs for dinner and enjoyed seeing their photos of Cuba and Senegal. Frunty was so excited to see beach photos and told them we were going to a beach next week. Then he got us all beach hats which we wore. (they were really winter hats!) Then he showed us how he can spin on one foot, his new, self-taught party trick. He asked us to try too. Although we were all reluctant to get off the couch at first, we gave in (who can say "no" to that big, beaming smile?!) and found ourselves spinning and laughing and having fun!

And now for some photos. One is very blurry and I add this on purpose! You'll see why.

0 comments:

Post a Comment