Daddy picked Frunty and me up from Bemel park yesterday afternoon so we could take off for Halle Bos and enjoy the beautiful sunshine and gorgeous carpets of blue bells. We quickly ate our picnic as soon as we arrived as we were all starving and I waivered between going for a run or just lounging in a bed of blue bells. (Daddy packed my running gear.) I decided to go for a run because when do you get a chance to run through beautiful forest pathways with flowers on either side of you? And Daddy and Frunty went on their adventure with the GPS to find the "cache". I met up with them on my run to see the "cache" which was a glass jar hidden under a tree trunk with little viles of perfume inside and a notebook. After writing a few words and reading everyones adventure stories, Daddy left a little trinket. (a bike reflector in the shape of a lightening bolt!)
I took off again running and when I met up with the guys at the car I instantly got a huge whiff of a stinky stench. One of the perfume containers was a spray bottle and Frunty wanted to see how it worked so Daddy showed him by testing the perfume on their wrists. It was pretty funny to watch Frunty sniff his wrist and tell me about all of this and even though the ride home was polluted with this crappy perfume, it was still a really fun experience. And one of my favourite pregnancy runs to boot. Mowgli was exhausted though from all of the excitement of being loose in a big forest but I am sure he even would agree how wonderful it was to go to Halle Bos.
We stopped at Colyrut in the countryside to get some groceries just before closing time and there was only one other customer in the whole shop. What a treat! No line-ups which I have never experienced in Europe before!
I hope we can go again before the blue bells disappear because it was so beautiful and hard to take in during one visit. Perhaps we'll try another forest. It's fun to celebrate spring this way.

0 comments:
Post a Comment