Spring is here but it feels like summer!
The magnolia behind us is huge and in full bloom. Spring is here and I took Tiny Baby on an hour run this morning at Woluwe Park while my guys slept. We got home late last night from a great long weekend at Eperheide. More about that later. The run was very good and it is warm enough for shorts and t-shirt. Six weeks til the 10 k run for breast cancer research and I plan to run it. My recent article entitled "Mom-on-the-Run" about running while pregnant and exercising with a toddler, was published in the Brussels Childbirth Magazine subscribed to by 2000 foreigners here in Brussels. The editor gave my article a great introduction/review so I was very pleased and I have received a few wonderful emails in response.
About Eperheide, a family park near Germany. (click for more info) We stayed in a lovely cottage and enjoyed the AquaDome and other facilities on the property. In fact, we had a very busy weekend with swimming/renting a paddle boat and family bike, visiting the Baluba Kid Zone, petting Zoo and playgrounds...we had lots of fun but need an afternoon nap today. Even though May has three long weekends, we think that Eperheide was our last "trip" before the arrival of Tiny Baby. It is very tempting to visit Denmark's Legoland, the Tulip Festival in Holland and take the train to visit friends in London. But in May, it could be better to hang around here and rest up before the big day...well...we'll see how we all feel.
Frunty is cutting my hair for my birthday while I type this. This is a recent activity he really enjoys and me too. With plastic scissors, a brush and two train tracks, he gets my hair ready most days for a pretend party.
I leave you with another Egypt photo, of Frunty with his backpack almost surgically implanted, admiring some Egyptian art...

0 comments:
Post a Comment