Thursday, 30 June 2005

Daddy has left for Dublin today on a business trip that I asked him to postpone til after our Tiny Baby had arrived. I thought that missing one night with him/her would be better than missing the birth. And with Gramma here, it is very manageable to be without Daddy...not ideal but manageable. And Daddy took two days paternity leave this week so we have had some nice times together.

Yesterday we practically had a tornado here in Brussels. I walked Gramma and Frunty over to the tram on Tervuren so they could go to the Little Gym. Then I went to Medicis to book a doctor's appointment. I got caught there for over an hour because of thunder and lightening and Gramma and Frunty got caught at a tram shelter near the Little Gym. It was a really crazy storm. Luckily we all arrived to our destinations safely. Daddy was powerless to help us since his car was in the shop in Stokkel.

Gramma and Frunty ended up having fun cuddling in the shelter and then had a great time at the Little Gym even though they were a bit late. The class was very small because perhaps a lot of parents didn't want to drive there in this storm.

I ended up having fun at Medicis. Dr. de Vylder chatted with me since his patients were late for their appointments. We talked a bit about my birth experience, he told me about his grand daughter, he advised me not to run again until I'd seen a kinetherapist for standard, post-natal care. Even though I went there to make an appointment for August, I kind of had a free appointment right then and there and it was very nice. This doctor always makes time, it seems, for me and I would guess for other or all patients as well since anyone I meet who has him for a doctor says he is "magnifique". It is great to have a doctor with a nice bedside manner even though we don't always understand each other at first due to a small, language barrier.

Eventually I got home although had to stop on the way to say "hi" to a friend, show her our new baby and borrow an umbrella to get us the rest of the way home. Baby was happy the entire time in the "Hugabub" sling and never woke up once or made a peep. When I did get home the cleaning lady was working her magic (we have one come once a week who is absolutely fabulous and very sweet doing all kinds of extra touches to make our home lovely...a baby gift to me from Daddy to make all of our lives better and healthier!) so Daddy and I relaxed downstairs and chatted just us with Tiny Baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment