Monday, 13 June 2005

Mom and auntie have gone off to Brugges today and I am happy that the sky is blue even though the air is a bit cool. I'd like my aunt to see as much as she can before the big day.

Speaking of the big day, it does not seem that imminent anymore. I just received an email from a friend in Boston who has been 3 cm dilated for the last two weeks and was with her first baby and her first was two weeks late. So dilation clearly doesn't mean that birth is imminent as I originally and excitedly thought. With three more hours of contractions the other night, my body clearly is taking its time and that could be a very good thing in the end.

Friday night we enjoyed waffles at the Grande Place. We want to make sure auntie gets the full Belgian experience of waffles/chocolate/beer/Brugges and if I have missed anything, not to fear, Daddy will think of it!

This weekend Daddy took everyone but me on some sightseeing adventures to Woluwe park where they rented bikes, Hoegaarden for lunch and beer tour and geocaching in the surrounding forest. I was able to rest, go on some runs, rent some movies and luxuriate. No one would even let me make dinner. I am very lucky and very grateful.

We've gotta return the movies before Mandarin so cheerio for now! And stay tuned...just when I least expect it, I am sure our Tiny Baby will come! Just like falling in love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment