Saturday, 25 June 2005

Tiny Baby is one week old today!

And what a great week we have had! Tiny started gaining weight a few days after his birth, much to the surprise and happiness of his doctors, smiled at us a couple of times already and sleeps well. He also grabs me for a drink which is very adorable. His eyes are open and he has been more alert the last few days. His eyes by the way are steel blue/grey so we are wondering if they will turn brown or not.

Today is a little cooler and therefore more comfortable. We left the hospital after three nights (we were allowed to stay 5 but it was too hot) to enjoy the comfort of our home which is a lot cooler and more importantly, to be with Frunty. I am feeling better and very happy that the running/stair climbing/weight lifting has paid off as I am only a few pounds overweight and therefore feel stronger and less hot then when Frunty was born.

Frunty has been more himself the last couple of days and it is a relief. The first few days were extra hard for him and for us but we are now settling into life with Tiny Baby and despite some fatigue, we are all doing well and are very happy. Frunty loves his little brother, brings him toys, pushes him in the stroller around our house, kisses and hugs him and wants his picture taken with him often. So far very good. No jealousy at all.

The hard part has been when Daddy goes off to work (a few days a week) or when Gramma tries to take Frunty out for the day. Frunty is very worried he won't see us again and sometimes says, "I cried because I lost my Mommy". I am happy that at least he can express himself and we can talk to him about it. He now understands that he always sees us again and we give extra hugs and kisses when we do...which is not hard to do since he is still a big, sweetie pie. I told him the other night how happy I was that he was doing such a great job with Tiny Baby and I knew that it was hard and he said, "I love you so much, Mommy."

Gramma has been a huge source of love and support to us all and works like a dog helping in every department. If it weren't for Gramma, I could not take my daily nap which makes me a happier Mom. Gramma plays with Frunty and takes him on adventures, tidies up the kitchen, puts away laundry, cooks, holds Tiny Baby...the list goes on. We are so grateful to have Gramma here and this is a very special time for all of us.

I will try to write more later and add pictures but if I thought I was too busy to do the blog before, it is even harder now because when I do have a spare minute, I need to squeeze one of my 4 boys or make Gramma a much-deserved cup of tea.

Hope everyone is well! And enjoying the summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment