Like all newborns, Tiny Baby has been practising holding his head up everyday practically since we got home from the hospital. This morning was special in that he held it up for quite a long time and his neck seemed very strong. I asked Daddy, "hey, what happened to that newborn stage?" to which he replied, "We blinked." It sure does go fast like everyone says but I still find that each stage is more fun than the one before.
I love watching Tiny Baby watch Frunty which he enjoys doing so much. And Frunty loves making him smile. So far we see no jealousy whatsoever and are hoping that this continues. Maybe it is because Frunty is still getting a lot of attention. Today the grandfolks will return from London and this helps in the attention department. I am a bit tired from my two days alone with the boys but I cannot complain as Daddy has the next two days off, followed by the weekend, followed by two months of paternity leave. And then the nonni are coming for more help so I am very fortunate indeed. Plus Gramma and Grampa are still here for til Wednesday!
I do have a confession. Despite the sleep deprivation and slight achiness here and there...I went for a run with my Dad on July 10. We only went for 15 minutes to test the waters. The truth is...I felt fine but don't want to push it. I am very eager to get back out there. The weather is perfect, not too hot, but I still have not visited the physiotherapist which I said I would before running. I will go on Monday for my appointment. My sister-in-law started running about ten days after the birth of her second and her doctor said it was very beneficial. Different doctors have different opinions. My books say that most in the study started back after two weeks.
The only hard part about running will be stopping every ten minutes to feed "Mighty Mouse" who is a hungry little guy! If I time it right and get him to nap in the jogger (I bought a new jogger for tiny babies, my other one from T.O is for bigger babies) I will be able to go longer. I must sound desperate. I just miss the feeling I get from running. It makes me feel on top of the world.
Someone's hungry! Gotta skidaddle. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer and that our dear family and friends in Toronto are not too hot.

0 comments:
Post a Comment