Sunday, 7 August 2005

We are happy that we got at least two weeks of summer in Tunisia because we are back to cool, fall weather with lots of rain here in Brussels. (14 degrees Celsius) And we hear that the weather in Toronto is fantastic and that swimming at the cottage is perfect. I think that you only need hot and sunny weather if you are by a body of water. Otherwise, who really needs it!? I am not trying to make myself feel better. I honestly don't mind the cooler weather. And all this rain is great for the garden not to mention the skin!

We looked at all of our photos from Tunisia. I will now write some highlights but not in any particular order.

1. Enjoying our kids and each other without worrying about household chores or distractions from the outside world

2. Watching Frunty play with other kids and run around each evening before Mini Disco, laughing his head off, jumping off of little walls, jumping onto other children "human blankets"

3. Beach activities: building sand castles/boats, walking each day up and down (my two walks: Eden Viaggie and Demiss with Thai-style huts), and running around with Frunty in circles sometimes and several solo runs during which I felt no discomfort at all (the best one was 30 min. thanks to Daddy keeping Tiny Baby happy)

4. day trip to Mahdia, a lovely port town, and sitting outside in a courtyard, under some ficus trees, drinking almond tea and listening to traditional music with air scented with the smoke from those pipes (it was magic)

5. Playing in the room, jumping on the bed, wearing goggles in the tub, goofing around together during the hottest hours of the day

The challenging part of the trip included getting used to the "resort culture". But I'll write about that another day. Although resorts are great for very small people, in our opinion, we look forward to taking the kids camping one day for a kind of fun that cannot be paralleled and then staying at cottages is excellent too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment