Saturday, 17 September 2005
Today we returned from Torino, Italy. We spent a wonderful week showing off our new little one to all the relatives. As usual, we enjoyed excellent hospitality and ate our hearts out! There were many highlights but one of the funnest parts was watching Frunty with his cousins, playing and goofing around. I had a hard time believing that my little guy was speaking Italian so well and seemed to understand most of what was said to him. Is that my child?! Conversing with his relatives, with a Piedmontese accent? It just seems amazing to me! Tiny Baby and I had fun most mornings going for a "cafe" which means espresso. Chatting with the folks a little at Cafe Bresil was fun. And it sure gave me a boost to get me through the day...walking around a lot, eating a lot! As usual, I love browsing the markets and went to several different markets this past week. Got some cute socks for the kids! We noticed how friendly people are especially towards children in Torino especially compared to here. People always made a fuss over the kids and asked questions or just smiled at us. Even the noisy kids in the piazza told each other to be quiet one night when we walked by, saying that the baby was sleeping and needed quiet. We were surprised and appreciated this kindness to us. I don't know what the heck is wrong with people around here. Why are they so cold towards children? I dunno. Anyway, after Egypt and Italy and all the friendliness down south, the coldness here sticks out more so. But soon we'll be in Ireland where people are over-the-top in terms of friendliness!

0 comments:
Post a Comment