Thursday, 26 July 2007

I wanted to note something based on my last entry which described Daddy working a lot lately. I want to make sure that it is duly noted that any time that Daddy spends away, he makes it up to us by taking a day off, or working part-time from home. There is flexibility in his job which means that Daddy can and does always make sure that we feel that family is the most important thing even though sometimes we have to be a bit patient. I mean, you cannot quit a job just because sometimes you have to travel. But you can alter your lifestyle so that you are away as little as possible and when you are home, you are there for your family 100% or more.

We just came back from a business trip with Daddy for two days in Paris. So, case in point. Sometimes if we go too, then we enjoy an adventure as well and then we are all together. One day, when Frunts and Pit read this blog, as they may do, I hope that they remember this. I also think living in Europe has helped in a lot of ways. With so much holiday time, we have a great deal of time together which is the number one thing kids want!

Well, how to have fun with your little ones? This is how this whole blog started. Number one way. Spend time with them. Doing nothing, doing little things, doing big things, being together, being lazy, being not too busy, just being...a family. That is how you are going to have the most fun of all! Yes, it is hard work sometimes, very draining, (especially learning how to discipline them and validating their feelings etc. ) very challenging. At other times, plain amusement and joy at watching them grow and discover and best of all, laugh their heads off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment