Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Today Frunty had a day off from school: un jour pedagogique, a professional development day for the teachers. So Pit stayed home from school too although we didn't stay home. We went to the club for a swim during which we played our usual games: Kung Fu Panda or Chicken, Tickle Monster and touche touche and stretching eachother by the ankles! This is funny and feels good on the back.

After swimming, we had a picnic lunch at the club and then, off to the Little Gym. Pit was a bit sleepy for his class but still seemed to enjoy most of it. Frunty and I did English homework. To keep him up to speed with his Canadian counterparts, we are using the Kumon Method with Frunty. Just because he can speak English, doesn't obviously mean that his writing and reading will progress without effort. I find that he is quick to count in French or say letters of the alphabet in French, but needs to practise them in English more. The Kumon Method is fun and he enjoyed doing quite a few pages. Frunty likes when I put an "E" at the top of the page. The first time, he said, "thank you".

Now both boys are sleeping. Frunty went to sleep without scratching. Last night, he didn't wake up during the night scratching...the first good night in about three weeks. We have stopped the fish oils, as of yesterday morning. Is that a coincidence? I don't know. My brain hurts from trying so hard to help him. Let's just hope that this is the beginning of better sleeps for all of us and to reduced itching for Frunts.

Dr. Who time...but I think I'll read beside Daddy as he watches. Not my bag, baby. Tomorrow afternoon, we are off to the Robin Hood Circus with Perdie and Leo. Normally we go to the club on Wednesdays but since we did so today, I really want to take the kids to the circus. Should be great fun! I am so lucky to be a mom, look at all the awesome things I get to do with my mighty mouses. Speaking of mighty mouses...we just booked for a Christmas adventure weekend at Disney, the last weekend of November to kick off the holiday season with good cheer!

Can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment