Just before lunch Frunty noticed the weather outside and with a wide grain said, "Daddy, it's a nice day!". I shrugged and said, "So what". His reply was, "We can go around the block on the bicycle". - What a great idea! So after lunch, I put on running shorts and shoes and he donned his helmet and off we went around the block, or so I thought. Before I knew it, we had gone down Mimosas, past 2 blocks on Volontaire, up Frere Legrain, downhill on Oiseau Bleu, back up the hill on Camelias, across Cattleyas over to Palmiers and down to the corner grocer to pick up a red pepper. Phew! 2km in under 15 minutes. He did really well cycling on the roads, sidewalks and even pedalling standing up to climb the hill. He was somewhat conscious of road traffic but obviously not certain of the rules that motorists need to follow. The green grocer we prefer is the one run by the Pakistani's as opposed to the Turks, they're friendlier and smile when we walk by. The shop is very close to home and I thought we would take the short way home. But not this time - Frunty decided he wanted to take the same route "a l'inverse". 30 minutes later we were back home after our "quick ride around the block".

0 comments:
Post a Comment