We have had great weather since returning home from Italy. Not as warm but at least sunny. Today Pit and I planted red and purple/dark pink geraniums in our flower boxes that sit on our front window sills and on the back deck. They look gorgeous already. Afterschool we played at the park a bit before coming home and making cookies together: Vegan Chip Cookies from the new cookbook Nonna bought from Canada. Thanks Nonna and for all the allergy free foods you brought us as well! The recipe turned out okay but I put half the amount of dried fruits/choc. chips that it said and really, it needs the full, two cups. I will try making them again and adding nuts. They will make a wonderful breakfast along with calcium-enriched rice milk and some fresh fruit!
Pit's eczema is 100% invisible! He does say he is itchy now and then but that may be a bug bite or old scab. Frunty's eczema is almost entirely gone and what is left are many scars which time may heal. I am so grateful that we found this doctor through Annebeth and that his prescription is working. I did try to re-introduce some eggs before Italy and then when we were in Perletto, the kids had some "regular" pasta. Pit didn't show any problems but Frunty's skin flared up immediately so obviously, we will wait with the re-introduction.
Today at lunch, Pit and his little friend, Emory, held hands and looked at bees in the bushes while his mom and I chatted about eczema which two of her kids have. She is eliminating milk. She gave me some websites to help with recipes and meal planning. I want to hang around supportive people like her who understand what it is like to see their child suffer and are doing what needs to be done to fix the problem. These diets are very hard, stressful and not easy for anyone. Being teased or incessantly asked about it at each meal or having people comment over and over again just make it even harder. Instead, I appreciate getting ideas on how to make the whole process easier. So I am grateful to learn from other moms who have already gone through it or are working on it at the same time as I. One such friend left a voice message on my gsm saying she found a recipe for coconut icecream. I can't wait to call her back tomorrow!! How lucky am I?!
Well, we are all pretty tired still and trying to get back into the school rhythm. It just takes time and it sure helps having this nice weather for a change! Cheerio!

0 comments:
Post a Comment