Daddy just came home after taking the two kids to school this morning with a gift for me, all wrapped up, for Mother's Day. He was told, by Mme Claire, that it was too fragile for Pit to carry home himself. Daddy wondered if it was too fragile to carry, how did Pit make it? I may not have mentioned before how "perfect" all of Pit's and the other kids' crafts are and how we see Mme Claire working carefully away at them most days, on her own.
It reminded us how we were trying to pack Pit's St. Nicolas into our Christmas box when he said, "Be careful with my craft that Mme Claire made!" Another time, he handed me an Easter basket with chocolate eggs inside and I asked him if he made it. "Did you make that!!?" And Pit responded, "No, Mme Claire did."
Since both kids started with Mme Claire at that school, I have been reiterating ever since that crafts don't have to be perfect. Often they want me to do the crafts but I tell them that it is art and can be anything they want it to be. I think Frunty has been cured...still working on Pit who is hesitant to do his own cutting as it might not be straight.

0 comments:
Post a Comment