Tuesday, 19 May 2009
Frunty and I had a quiet day just the 2 of us. I picked him up from school at 15h20 and we had some juicy canteloupe as an afternoon snack when we got home. Then he did his school work and practiced some English reading while I did some office work. Without The Mommy and his little brother, I think Frunty is a lot more independent, also because he has no choice since I'm busy. Before suggesting that I would help, I asked him to prepare the table and make dinner, and then I waited to see what happened. He grumbled but then got to work and asked for help when really needed or when I knew he was handling something hot. On the menu was squash and sweet potato soup with leftover lentil spaghetti for him and red cabbage spirelli for me. With the big knife he chopped and boiled the veggies and I only supervised while he blended the boiling mixture. Mango was for dessert. Yum! Then we looked at pictures from previous years to get ideas for our day trip on Thursday. It's a public holiday so we're planning a fun day out!

0 comments:
Post a Comment