Sunday, 3 May 2009

Windmills, tulips, playing on the beach...we had a wonderful two days in Holland with the Simpsons, our British friends, throwing in a stay at Sassenheim's Casino Hotel and a picnic by a canal among other fun adventures.

Worried the boys were humoring us, we were overjoyed to see them enjoying the tulips as much as we ladies did! I was really spoiled when Daddy presented me with a big bunch of gorgeous tulips...pink, purple, cream, red...they are sitting on our table now as I write.


We had amazing weather so spent more time at the beach, playing and even a bit of jumping in the waves! Cold but fun! Luckily the Simpsons brought a tent as day two was windy.

We finished our time together with a brief visit to Amsterdam and a Rijstafel at Bojo's in Leidseplein. After we said our good-byes, Daddy drove us around to some of our old haunts and where we lived. It was fun. Two beautiful, sunny days in Holland. Tulips and windmills and the bonus of the beach...I didn't want our time to end!

0 comments:

Post a Comment