Friday, 19 June 2009

The last two days, we have walked to school with birthday cakes and loot bags in tow and luckily it didn't rain on us. Here is Frunty in the classroom with his cake and his teacher, Mme Maricq.

June 18th was Pit's birthday and as is the custom here in Belgium, the children bring a cake to school to be shared with his/her classmates. I made a chocolate cake in the shape of a train with Pit's face on the front and his feet on the caboose. Frunty wanted the same which was fine by me. I think I have gotten it down pat now, a cake without gluten/wheat/egg/dairy that tastes, in my opinion, very good.


The kids' helped me choose the loot bag items and make up the bags themselves which was a nice activity to do together. I like this Belgian tradition by the way as I think each child gets to feel special on his day. Although we also had private parties, one at home for Pit and one at the club with Frunty, it is nice that they can share their special day with all their friends at school.


Yesterday Pit and I snuggled after our special lunch while Frunty went back to school and Daddy worked and we watched Space Buddies. Then we got Frunty and went to soccer practise during which Pit and I played touche-touche. Pit practised riding his bike and was pleased with himself that he can put his legs down on the ground, squeeze the hand break and stop his bike all by himself.


When we got home, Daddy had prepared our yummy zucchini/jambon Gordon Ramsay's appetizer and we toasted Pit with Kidibul Cherry and Daddy and I had some Cremant. We read Happy Birthday Thomas before bed.


Tomorrow is Frunty's 7th and we have a special weekend planned. Must get ready...some parents ask, "where did the time go?" For me, it has moved along at just the right pace and I have enjoyed (nearly) every moment with these two, big guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment