Friday, 3 July 2009

Summer vacation has started here in Belgium and the streets in our neighbourhood are getting progressively quieter. I am excited about leaving on the 7th and am finishing up packing now. We are really looking forward to meeting Michelle in Provence and then the cousins in Corsica.

Frunty and I have been practising "dictations" and Hooked on Phonics and Pit and I, the alphabet. Today we'll meet some school friends, Antoine and his brothers, at the park for some play time. Otherwise, we are taking it easy.

Yesterday we went down to the Sablon for a medieval show. The fighting amongst the men in armour was great and considering how hot it was, good for them. We had Lebanese afterwards and I am grateful the kids like this kind of food which meets our requirements and is delicious. In the evening, the babysitter came again and Daddy and I rode our bikes to the comedy show. There were some good laughs though the humour was quite dry!

The weather is changing with more wind and grey skies now. Perhaps we'll have to leave the park early...off we now go! Happy weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment