Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Birthday bar-bee-que! The weather is hot and sunny so the boys wanted to get me special treats from our Irish organic butcher to cook up on the coals. They went this morning with The Mommy to each select a particular item. I got a herbed pork chop from Frunty and a spicy beef skewer from Pit who was extra keen to point out that my skewer had zucchini. We also had wonderful gluten-free hamburgers, lamb skewers and spicy Italian sausages. Pit wanted to eat the sausages but was in for a surprise just how spicy they were. He almost guzzled my glass of Mercier champagne. Afterwards, we were able to roast marshmallows on the hot coals. Actually, I roasted almond nougat which I think tastes better but it has soy and gluten so I was the only one enjoying that treat. The boys also made me special crafts and drawings for my birthday so all in all it was a great day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment