Monday, 17 August 2009

I couldn't get in the door! After a 6 day business trip, the boys were anxious to have me home but when I returned, I simply could not get past the entrance way. The reason? Mattresses, bedding and pillows had been piled up at the entrance so the boys could be super ready for my homecoming at 7:30am. I eventually managed to push my way through without waking up a single soul.

Later in the morning, around 9am when the boys started to wake up, they found me in their bed as if it was the most natural thing and we snuggled for a little while until their patience for gifts could not last any longer. So I crawled out of bed and we unpacked my luggage to give them various small gifts from America.

It was a slow start to the day, particularly since the morning was grey and drizzling but the afternoon was splendid so we went out to the street to bike and draw with chalk. Then our friend Shells arrived to babysit the boys so that The Mommy and I could go out for a little homecoming of our own.

We went to see a movie and later had drinks at the institutional Irish Pub before hitting another Brussels institution – Fritland. We took our cone of fries to the Grand Place just in time for the sound and light show displayed on the Town Hall - pop music in classical style. May sound cheesy but it actually was quite well done. That, and the fact that you can’t really go wrong when the setting is the Grand Place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment