I wrote a lot about Frunty's first day yesterday but didn't mention a few key things. First of all, his enthusiasm and desire to share with me a great many details was really great and I appreciated hearing all about his day. Walking to the Tanah Merah MRT, he regaled me with many details. He told me that they had a "spectacle" and talked about good and bad bacteria and how it affects the body. He said that if we eat too much sugar, we get too much bad bacteria so we need to eat lots of fruits and veggies. Ms. Devi said that Frunty did very well and behaved excellently which was great to hear.
When we arrived at school today, the security guards said the word "fire" to me. I really had no idea what he was talking about and quickly forgot about it as was honestly too dead tired to worry much. Afterall, I couldn't smell any smoke!! After school, Frunty again recounted a great deal of the day's happenings and first on his list was how the fire brigade came to the school in their trucks for a demonstration! It sounds like the first two days have been very exciting even though Frunty really wanted to stay in bed this morning. Who wouldn't? We have to wake up extra early to get to school so far away but that won't last once we get a home closer to TPS.
Tomorrow is a Childrens' Day Celebration at school so the kids need a costume which will be worn all day instead of the uniform. So when I picked up Frunty today with Pit we went to a costume store I read about near Lavender MRT. Okay, they had two million costumes for rent/sale, admittedly none that great but I thought Frunts could have chosen at least one. We left with him in tears. If only all of our own costumes were still not on the slow boat from Belgium!
When we got home I pieced together a bit of a pirate costume but called Daddy and got him to stop at another shop and he brought home a chevalier costume. Frunty put it on and Pit laughed his head off. It was pretty funny, a King Arthur costume. It is actually really nice but I don't think Frunty will wear it tomorrow. We'll see what happens. The following day, it's the actual day off around the state so we'll all sleep in again, like old times!
Gonna go snuggle with Frunty now. He deserves it. I am so proud of him. By the way, his friend loved the picture and frame Frunty gave him and thanked him many times. Hopefully we can make a play date soon.

0 comments:
Post a Comment