27 hours is the time it took to get from Singapore to Toronto. Spread out over three flights, we crossed the globe and gained back a day. The boys were fantastic little travellers who knew the drill at the airport and on-board. I was worried at the start of the trip when I realised that the in-flight entertainment was not great for them and that we didn't pack many toys or activities. But the boys didn't disappoint and they kept the peace throughout the journey. Actually, what am I saying - I slept through most of the trip and missed most meals, all movies and any fist fights. Even the fact that our special diet request meals were not provided on board didn't cause panic. Thanks to the 2 stop-overs, we managed to get appropriate food in the airports.
We left the house in Singapore at 5:30am for our 6.5 hour flight to Tokyo. We landed there to see a wonderful early sunset at 4:30pm before our 9 hour flight to San Francisco. The strange part was that we landed in the morning of the * same * day. We had just enough time for a sushi breakfast and Christmas story time in the bookstore before we were back on-board for the last leg to Toronto of 4.5 hours. Final destination arrival was smooth with an on-time landing at 8pm, retrieval of all of our luggage in one piece, and my parents pick-up.
All in all, the boys were great and the trip was almost easy (especially since I slept through most of it).

0 comments:
Post a Comment