Since we arrived in Singapore, we have heard different stories about when rainy season would begin. Recently I heard it was supposed to be two weeks in December. Now apparently it is, well, now! The showers are pretty heavy and the wind blows the rain into our home. It is 9:15pm and a big rain pour just hit and now it is cooler outside. I tried to collect some of the rain water for our plants as tomorrow will surely be hot and sunny until the next shower hits.
After story time, Frunty sang me the Singapore National Anthem in Malay which he sings everyday with his fellow classmates. It was really lovely. I am myself learning some Malay at the nearby wet market but one or two words only. Of course, Frunty is way ahead with his daily exposure.
Afterschool we had sushi and fruit before heading out to look at Asian furniture shops. I think we'll choose some IKEA "pieces" for the kids but go for a more resort-look in other parts of the house. We are going to take our time. We took it easy choosing our home and now are really pleased so it is worth waiting to make sure we get it right.
I wish I could snap my fingers sometimes and have it all set up! But half the fun is the journey, I hear! The journey east.

0 comments:
Post a Comment