Today the kids and I went to a nearby garage sale. If you have been reading my blog over the years, you'll know how I feel about garage sales. Well, my kids love them too and with $2 each in their tiny, brown hands, they headed off with me trying to keep up, to a house down the way. We came home with some books and toy cars and a new, second-hand monkey. What fun!
Daddy and I just found on our bedroom door a sign written by Frunty inviting us to a sale tomorrow at the bedroom of Pit. It seems that Pit is selling some toys. Normally at Christmas time, the kids and I go through toys and deliver them to a nearby women's shelter. This year, we haven't found a charity yet and so the kids have come up with a different idea. I'll be darned though since we just sent all those toys over from Belgium and therefore, we won't be getting rid of them quite yet. I may purchase one of Pit's stuffed toys though. I like his new, baby Kangaroo if it is for sale!
Today I did my third load of laundry with my brand new machine. The first load of laundry I did in our new home never dried. After three days outside, it remained wet as storm after storm drenched the clothes over and over. I had to re-wash the entire load as it started to smell yucky. That was my second experience with my new machine. Today though was the third and third time lucky. With gorgeous blue skies and an incredible breeze, my clothes swayed in the sun and now smell fresh and feel great. I have bamboo poles set up outside to hang the clothes on and inside, a hanging system with a fan which circulates air. So I did several loads because of such favourable conditions!! And heard other tenants' washing machines going too! What fun! Oh, did I already say that?!
The kids and I went for Chicken Rice at Market 58 by bike. What a lovely evening. Daddy had to work so couldn't partake but next time will indeed join us. While we had pasta and sauce last night with Australian ground beef chez nous, most nights we eat out at nearby markets. It is so nice to sit outside and try all the Asian food stalls. I feel so fortunate to be experiencing this Singaporean way of life. Yes, you've heard it before! What fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment