Thursday, 28 January 2010

Swim to Shore

Swim to Shore

Pit and I were in the pool today after lunch. It was great because the water has warmed up a little more with the past few days of exceptionally hot, sunny weather. Not that the water was previously too cold to swim in, but just that it's possible to stay in the pool for hours. And, Pit certainly would if he could. He and I play different types of games mostly involving climbing on my shoulders. Pit loves to swim "deep, deep, deep, deep" and dives straight down 3 feet to touch the bottom of the pool. He also tries to talk underwater "without opening his mouth" and another game is to stand on my shoulders and do a big leap into the water. One favourite game is to pretend I'm a water horse: he wraps his arms around my neck pressed against my back while I dive underwater, swim a short way and then resurface. For me, I feel like I have a ramora fish stuck to me while I'm swimming. When Pit needs a rest, he points to the pool side and says, "swim to that shore, papa.", and off we go.

1 comments:

The Mommy said...

I love that post, Daddy. Thanks for writing when I could not for one reason or another...I really appreciate it. Mommy xo

Post a Comment