Today I helped out at Pit's kindergarten. Again, I am thrilled to be asked. Very grateful. The school needed help during the Chinese New Year Party and my job was to take the Love 10s to the toilet, as required. We all went to the hall for singing and dancing and eventually, Pit became my partner during these traditional performances. There was even an orange peeling contest. One child was chosen from each class to compete. Just as they were about to begin, a child asked me to take her to the toilet. Shucks! Later Pit told me that a boy from his class, Ethan, was the fastest peeler and won! Yeah, Hope 4s!
Some kids wore beautiful Chinese costumes, others wore Indian-style outfits and finally, some, like Pit, wore whatever they felt like. Pit chose his blue, Gap shirt with collar, a navy pair of shorts and his crocs. Very smart, indeed.
I asked Pit if he enjoyed the party and he said, "No. It was too much." I thought he meant too noisy but it was in fact, too much dancing and singing. After the party, we stayed for snack time outside and some playtime in the little park. Pit has a friend named Kyros and I met his mom who invited us over sometime. Kyros has told Sherin that he has a new friend and that Pit is very, very quiet. You know how he turtles up.
Last night we went out for Korean dinner and both boys took turns telling us the Chinese words they know. It was super. They seem to be adjusting well to our new life here even though at times, it's "too much!" I concur.

0 comments:
Post a Comment