Sunday, 6 June 2010

Borneo: Here we come!

Tomorrow the kids and I fly to Kuching, Borneo!! We are all quite excited. After a week of goofing around at home, in the pool, and doing homework we are happy to get a break in the jungles of Borneo where we will hopefully see orangutans, proboscis monkeys, fireflies and crocodiles. Papa may update you all on our discoveries as we relay them to him!

Once we get home, we'll have 5 days before we head out for our family adventure to some coral fringed islands near Bali. I know that the kids' classmates are at "tuition" classes this month and so I feel grateful that our family chooses to get out of Singapore and explore Asia a little. We are bringing our Kumon and Stilton novels to practise math and reading. That should do us.

Today we went to Sebastian Williamson's birthday party at Lilliput, Mini-Gold world, by the way. We met some really nice expats and a Canadian family from Nova Scotia. They have lived in Asia for the last 20 years though and had lots of stories to tell of their travels. Sebastian has some of the same dietary requirements as we do so even though I brought our own cake, Cundy had prepared a wonderful cake for our three boys and purchased sushi for them as a snack. How fortunate are we?!

Stay tuned for our next adventurous tale!

0 comments:

Post a Comment