Friday, 2 July 2010

Perfect Location

Singapore is the perfect location for discovering what Asia has to offer and we are making the most of our time here...so far! We enjoyed the school holidays by studying and visiting Borneo and then the highlight, our family trip to celebrate our birthdays on the Gili Islands between Bali and Lombok. Our photos look like post cards. We loved these no-car islands with fun snorkelling and scuba experiences, little beach side huts on stilts on white sand, enjoying happy hours together! What fun!

Tomorrow I am leaving for 5 days on a trip to Cambodia with Bianca. We met Bianca and Maeve at the airport in Kuching and they stayed with us. Now I am going to meet Bianca in Siem Reap and then take a bus to Phonm Penh to check it out with her. She has just travelled overland from Singapore up through Malaysia so I am sure to get some great travel ideas from her. Better get back to packing.

In the meantime, the boys are making pizzas for lunch! Tomorrow Papa and Frunty will run a race together organized by Papa's work. Always so much fun to be had.

We are fortunate to have some rainy, cool days now during the "dry" season. I am sure the weather will be great for the Simpsons arrival on Friday. Our long-time, British friends in Belgium are visiting for two weeks. We are really looking forward to their visit, which includes time in Borneo again!

Since this feels like a very newsy entry I will quickly add that we all enjoyed our Canada Day, hope you got our email with family photo and best of all, Rob and Viki have welcomed their baby daughter, Katherine, born on July 2nd. Congratulations!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment