Sunday, 1 August 2010

-5 Celsius in Singapore!


Wow! Can you believe we played in "real" snow today in Singapore!? Yes, you read correctly. Today our family of 4 headed over, with a big backpack full of our Canadian winter clothes, to Snow City at Jurong East. In our bag we also carried our homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows, also from Canada, and sat in an igloo between tubing runs, sipping away. It was really, really fun. Two hours of ice cold entertainment. And so fun to see the kids in their snow suits which they tried on at home first! Snow goggles and all.

Inside a building next to the Science Center, we enjoyed tubing down a snowy slope, powdery snowball fights and posing next to ice sculptures for photos. At each Singaporean attraction, there seem to be several photographers snapping away. There was very loud music the whole time which added to the excitement. I liked when they played "Hark the Herald Angels!" Very festive. Frunty said the snow tasted yucky during the "blizzard" when snow was blasted from the chalet to us below. He stood there with his tongue sticking out. I can't believe I said "Merry Christmas" to both kids!! And they said it back with huge grins on their faces. What the heck!?

Afterwards, we headed over to another chilly building to see the IMAX film entitled, "Beaver". It was a real Canadian experience as the movie was made in Alberta. After the snow experience, it was really fitting and a nice way to rest. I think Papa had a wee nap!

We headed downtown for Sakae Sushi and then finally, after months of deliberations, we went on the Singapore Flyer at night. Boy, were the kids excited! They could not stop talking. As I write this, they are snoozing merrily away after a warm bath and a back massage. I really hope they have sugar plums dancing in their heads. I do!

1 comments:

Evelyn said...

They are so cute in those outfits! Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

Post a Comment