The community of Tanah Merah Fengshan just celebrated the Moon Cake Festival. We walked around our neighbourhood with our lanterns lit in the dark after having watched a magic show, several singers perform and an acrobatic. It was a nice evening and made even nicer by the fact that we know some people now in our community so there were friendly faces in the crowd. Our friend from England won a bike during the lucky draw.
Papa left tonight for a whirlwind work tour of India and will be at home in time to enjoy the Formula 1 on Saturday and Sunday, one day with Pit, the other day with Frunty. Friday night I will take Frunty.
Just as Papa was leaving for the airport, I was on the 6:30pm news here in Singapore on Channel 8 along with several other students and moms from Tampines Primary School. I think they kept the camera on me because I am the only foreigner and that makes for more interesting news on a Chinese news station. In the small segment, I am playing math games with the students along with other members of the PSG. (parent support group) I will have to ask the principal, Mrs. Wong, what she said in her interview as it was in Mandarin.
I almost forgot to mention the moon cakes and the bubbly which we enjoyed before the festivities tonight. I am grateful I was able to order cakes that meet our allergy-free criteria. They were made from lotus flowers with no gluten/egg/dairy etc. Quite tasty and came in an amazing box and bag. Very festive. This time last year we celebrated at Papa's colleague's home with many others in the party room and by the pool. I can hardly believe an entire year has already passed!! No time for looking back...Formula 1 coming up next!!!
Papa left tonight for a whirlwind work tour of India and will be at home in time to enjoy the Formula 1 on Saturday and Sunday, one day with Pit, the other day with Frunty. Friday night I will take Frunty.
Just as Papa was leaving for the airport, I was on the 6:30pm news here in Singapore on Channel 8 along with several other students and moms from Tampines Primary School. I think they kept the camera on me because I am the only foreigner and that makes for more interesting news on a Chinese news station. In the small segment, I am playing math games with the students along with other members of the PSG. (parent support group) I will have to ask the principal, Mrs. Wong, what she said in her interview as it was in Mandarin.
I almost forgot to mention the moon cakes and the bubbly which we enjoyed before the festivities tonight. I am grateful I was able to order cakes that meet our allergy-free criteria. They were made from lotus flowers with no gluten/egg/dairy etc. Quite tasty and came in an amazing box and bag. Very festive. This time last year we celebrated at Papa's colleague's home with many others in the party room and by the pool. I can hardly believe an entire year has already passed!! No time for looking back...Formula 1 coming up next!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment