Finally it was just fantastique! And effortless! Wow! What a pleasure to find such a great babysitter. Chloe from Bretagne...kind, thoughtful, mature and in control...came over and practised French with the kids tonight. She came in the kitchen while I cooked and asked if they could go to the park. She took care of them, not the other way around. So I actually could relax. We started the informal lesson, as always, with our bottle "question-answer" game, sang some songs and played some jeux de societe. Then when I saw things were fine, I snuck away and heard more and more French from our boys. It was delightful. Chloe taught us a new song about animals.
Before bed, Frunty said to me that he loves Chloe and that he is starting to like French again. Proof that when you find a great teacher, your child will soar.
Papa is on his way to India. I hope he has a good flight and a fine trip. He'll be there for almost a week, come home for a day and then zip off to Oz for another week. We will have fun though, with Caterina from Napoli and Chloe from Bretagne, keeping us company and keeping two of the most beautiful languages alive in our home! Pit told me yesterday that he really wants to learn German. I told him he has to wait for Gramma to arrive. Hopefully with her raspberry or strawberry jam!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment