It was a very exciting morning waiting for Gramma and Grampa to arrive in Hanoi. Reuniting was lots of fun with big hugs and our children are glued to their grandparents which is very nice to see.
A private car picked us all up and took us to our very nice hotel in the old quarter called Hanoi Deluxe Hotel at 28 Bat Su where we left our luggage and then took another taxi to Koto for lunch. It is really good food and service and it is nice to support the street children who work there. It was funny when Pit knocked the bowl of ketchup off the table and it miraculously missed Grampa's white shoes. I don't know how those shoes are going to stay white this trip. I think I will take before and after photos!! (our shoes are filthy!)
After lunch, we walked through the chaotic streets of Hanoi to Hoan Kiem lake where we took G&G to the Temple of Literature. A cyclo back to the hotel for rest time and then a taxi to Luyen's for a special, southern Vietnamese dinner and a chance to pick up all my dry and clean laundry that I had left hanging all day. We were all pretty excited from our day together, a happy kind of tired. Tomorrow we leave for Halong Bay for our two night cruise so I had better hit the hay too. Good night, Papa! Thanks for sending along the items, especially adaptor and from Amy, peanut butter cookies...back to our special diet! Talk soon! xo

0 comments:
Post a Comment