Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Fort Canning

Nonna and Nonno arrived on Friday from BKK and we have been having a fun time catching up with them. On Sunday the six of us took the MRT to City Hall and enjoyed an excellent church service at the Good Shepherd. It is the oldest, Catholic church in Singapore and the choir was incredible. Afterwards, we had a big burger lunch at the Handburger followed by a visit to Fort Canning. We all really liked the Big Battle Box which included tunnels and wax soldiers discussing battle plans etc.

Before heading home, we went to the Long Bar at Raffles. It is always fun for the kids to be permitted to throw the peanut shells all over the floor...I mean, gently drop. Nonna and Nonna ordered a Singapore Sling. The last time they were in Singapore was 50 years ago. Well done for coming back!! I would like to take them to the Intercontinental for an Oriental Fling...a cocktail I much prefer but alas, I digress.

Today we leave for Borneo. We will fly to KK and then onto Tawau where we will take a boat to the world-class diving area called Sipadan. I really hope the weather conditions are good for scuba/snorkeling and that the coral is still healthy. We have not had very good snorkel experiences in Thailand and Vietnam lately so hopefully we will not be disappointed!

Stay tuned for updates about Sipadan...

0 comments:

Post a Comment