Thursday, 21 July 2011

Racial Harmony Day






Today we celebrated Racial Harmony Day at Pit's school with rice crispy maple balls before heading over to Frunty's school to decorate childrens' hands all over the school. Papa and I got assigned to Joy2 and had a great time trying henna for the first time. Then we congregated in the area near the canteen to try different crafts from the different races. I helped at the Eurasian booth even though I suggested having a caucasian booth for me this year! Ah, who cares?! We are all friends!

Picture 1: our group of PSG members which organized this event and others including Papa as the Satay Man! Beside me is the TinTin Man who "sells" candy.

Picture #2: the P2Joy class showing off their henna!

Picture #3: Papa finishing up some students who came back for more henna!

Picture #4: At BBTK, some students arrive in costumes.

Picture #5: Pit is Eurasian/Caucasian...he decided to wear his Canadian t-shirt instead of a native, Canadian Indian costume...what-
ever! Just trying to celebrate together and enjoy our maple balls! (beaver droppings!!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment