Friday, 26 August 2011

Shitoryu Karate Association


Frunty and Pit have started karate in Singapore! Frunty and I had started last year at another association but it only offered a late night Thursday class which was too exhausting come Friday. And it was so hot, I could hardly stand up!

Now that Pit is 6 years old, we thought it would be fun for both boys to do karate together and luckily found a class which offers classes for 6-12 year olds. (adults are not able to join in but that is okay!)

For part of the 1.5hours, all children are together and at other times during the lesson, they break into groups depending on the colour of the belt. Frunty and Pit had a great time and look forward to tomorrow's class. I thought the senseis were really nice and professional. The dojo has fans and soft flooring!

We celebrated their first karate session by going to Little India afterwards for lunch! Gambatte, boys!

p.s. I was very impressed by Pit who got over some initial stage fright and then really enjoyed the class! Good job, brave one! And thanks to Frunty for helping Pit through his first karate experience! You're a fantastic big brother!



0 comments:

Post a Comment