When we moved to Singapore, we had a two year rental contract at D'Manor. It just came up for renewal and the landlord wanted a huge increase which we did not want to pay...do I need to mention the annoying monks next door again? The non-stop chanting and the neighbours with 11 cats...I wouldn't pay rent there for another two years even if it was decreased by 50%!
So we moved to a flat across the park from Frunty and Pit's school. Frunty went to school by himself today although Papa secretly followed. And we let him come home. Pit won't join his brother at the school until January 2012 but was very excited to try on his uniform which I purchased today in the canteen. We are lucky that bus #168 goes from our flat to Pit's kindergarten so that this last week of school will be relatively easy in terms of commuting.
What was really fun afterschool was that Frunty showed up at our door with one of his friends, Miguel. Our first guest! He only had time to take a look in each room and had to take his rootbeer to go! He has to get straight home for tuition. I guess a play date in Singapore, if it happens, lasts about 10 minutes. Oh well. A few minutes after Miguel left, we heard some kids yelling Frunty's name outside our door. We opened up to find 4 boys on our landing. It was adorable and Frunty was thrilled. We don't have our home set up...nowhere to sit and no toys to play with so I told them they could come over in the new year...for 10 minutes? Better than nothing!
Now we are resting up for the Halloween party and trick or treating at D'Manor tonight. It'll be a nice chance to stay connected to our friends there! Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday, Nonna!

0 comments:
Post a Comment