Thursday, 2 February 2012

More Highlights of January 2012

Our school invites parents to visit the classroom on occasion. We did not have this opportunity in Brussels so you can imagine how delighted we are! We visited Pit's P1 class in order to learn how to make mini-paper lanterns by using recycled hong bao envelopes. It was really nice. Papa and I both attended along with many other parents some of whom we introduced ourselves too. I think Pit was quite delighted and especially when we got to see him write the date on the board. His job for the month of January has been to write the date on the white board each morning. Well done, Pit! You're such a big kid now! We are so proud of you!
We went to Mustafa Center, a department store in Little Indi, after Karate one day and the boys chose new skateboards. Prior to that purchase, they had been sharing one skateboard that they found in the garbage bin at D'Manor. They spray painted it orange to jazz it up but it was really starting to fall apart and sharing one skateboard was getting tricky as both boys want to practise a lot! These pictures were taken at our park which is situated between our flat and our school. In the background, you can see our flat. It is quite simply the most convenient home we have ever had! So we are focusing on the positives...and watching the boys having fun in the park. I am practising too and sometimes I rollerblade around with them too. Papa jogs with them. We cycle around and try the open-air exercise machines. I am thrilled that our boys almost never ask for tv. They ask to go to the park though, all the time! Even after dinner! Then they come in and need another snack before bed!

I had to add two more photos at the WaveHouse. I did not put them in the correct order because it looks like Papa had a cocktail and then went back to the WaveHouse and BOOM! Really, we finished all the wave fun and then enjoyed a nice lunch together at the beach...nachos, pizza and cocktails. The boys sat at the bar, drinking their mocktails with the other surfer dudes and wearing their Oz hats again. It was a really nice day and we are happy we stayed in Singapore this CNY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment