We have travelled far! Not just geographically! I am so happy to say that today Frunty wanted to continue doing math with Melissa! He asked if she could stay longer to do one more math problem on angles!!!!!!
Imagine that?! From crying about math to wanting to do more. This is a huge achievement and I am proud of Frunty but also proud that I found the right teacher for him. And grateful to Papa for supporting our new learning programme!
And while Frunty was working with Melissa, Pit did some independent work and learned his vocabularly his own. Then he studied Mandarin with Melissa. All of this while I went to TPS to learn how to be a better parent. I have been attending a Coffee Talk session once every few weeks with other parents and we share information and encourage one another.
After lunch we will get together with another mother as we are going to begin doing an exchange. I will help her child with English and she will help mine with Mandarin. She works at a tuition center so we can use the office space to conduct our exchange. It is in a fun part of town too so afterwards, we can grab a sorbet.
It's a new beginning and we are taking one day at a time. Taking a break from TPS is the right thing to do and so far, week two, it feels like the right choice. More smiles and fewer tears. Who could choose otherwise?

1 comments:
Wow Kim! Sounds like you came up with a creative way to progress sans the stress! Super! Kudos to the Bello boys and the entire family! Keep up the great work everyone!
Post a Comment