Wow! Blogging about a birthday party?! Well, how many have we been to in Singapore in the almost three years since we arrived?! Let's see! We went to Amelia's pool party at Clearwater Condo. Amelia was Pit's classmate in K1. Then Pit went to another classmate's party at the Bedok McDonalds. Frunty was not invited to one single birthday party except for when an Australian neighbour ran over at the last minute and invited us to his cake cutting. It was just the three of us though...a real spontaneous party! A Czech family did have us over for a little party and finally, we went to the birthday of a neighbour's 80 year old mother at D'Manor.
We did have our own birthday party our first year at D'Manor. We invited just about the whole class from TPS and some neighbours and hired a magician. Only one person sent an RSVP from Frunty's class. He did show up but long after the magician had finished his show and was just blowing balloons. Song Wan yelled, "this is not a magician!" Well...the thing is...you came two hours late and missed the show! Another girl did come with her sister but we had not heard about whether she would come or not. A few days later, one of Frunty's friend asked, "do you know what I did on Saturday!? I asked, "what?" He replied, "I played video games at Bugis for 5 hours." I kid you not. I asked why he had not come to Frunty's birthday party instead and he shrugged and ran off down the hallway of TPS. I shrugged my shoulders too!
But now that we are part of the HS world, "normal" is coming back into play and we were invited to Zoe's 11th birthday party last night at a condo called Mandarin Gardens. The kids played lots of games and went swimming, in the dark. I remember when I was a child and had the odd night swim. How magical is that! We got home a bit later than I had planned but given that we have gone to so few birthday parties over the years, I could not do otherwise. Normal feels good!
Happy Birthday, Zoe from New Zealand! We found her a Chinese Made Easy book written by a graduate of Queen's University! Perfect gift and the boys chose a nice shirt from Esprit that Zoe wore today when our two families went for a pottery trial class! Now the boys are planning their birthday party and this time, I think we'll get a few more RSVPs!

0 comments:
Post a Comment