Our boys are taking sailing lessons with some HS friends (homeschool) at the yacht club in Singapore called SAF. They love sailing! Today a gust of wind sent all sailors but one to the shores of Malaysia. Frunty was the only one who controlled his craft and was able to continue sailing near Singapore. When I arrived some moms who were there already said that various children were crying as they got further away from Singapore and had to be rescued by the instructors in two different motor boats. Later one of the coaches came and told me that Frunty is an exceptional sailor. He was both surprised and impressed that Frunty was able to control his boat. Several mothers were very impressed as well. I was just happy no one made it to Malaysia!!
Frunty is now saving up for his own boat! Grampa- maybe you can fix that old one at the cottage? Pit will sail by himself tomorrow and all the parents will come to see the children's progress and have a small party afterwards. One of the sailors is a young girl who is allergic to many of the foods we have challenges with...I mean, seriously allergic. She travels with her own epi-pen. So our party will be a "Freefrom" event we can all enjoy. I am not happy that she has been to emergency so many times. On the flipside, I am happy that my boys and I will be able to partake without fear. Proceed to Party! And...
happy sailing!!!
Well done, Frunty and Pit! We are so proud of you guys. You take on new challenges even though you might be a bit scared (deep waters-Pit) and that takes a lot of guts! Good for you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment