Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Breezy Days in Europe

The three of us have enjoyed a week now in Europe. We had a lovely day in Brussels when we left our bags for Canada at Lisas home near the Grande Place. We went to the Sablon for breakfast at Marcolini and the Pain Quotidien and sat on the cobblestones of Victor Hugos favourite square in the world to eat our chocolates! We later went into a resto on that big square for beer and juice drinks...yes, we are still gluten-free but who can avoid one Leffe for old times sake?

We arrived at 8am and left Brussels at around 7pm that very night. We had planned to spend the day with our Australian friend, Tasha, but I was unable to contact her phone number or reach her by email. As she and her family are moving back to Oz, I guess her phone was disconnected. I am still waiting to find out what happened...tant pis.

Nico picked us up in Turin that night and we have spent several days catching up with lots of cousins. Flavio and Jus wedding on Sunday was really lovely and we appreciate how the grooms mom made sure there was lots for us to eat! Yes, it is all about the eating here!! The boys and I also took a train and bus to Brusson to enjoy some hiking and to check out this gorgeous part of Piedmont. Nico and the girls joined us the following day for polenta and a hike.

0 comments:

Post a Comment