
No visit to Prince Edward Island would be complete without a visit to Green Gables and the old haunts of both Anne and her author, Lucy Maude Montgomery. I cannot fully express all the years of wonderful bliss as I read and watched the Anne of Green Gables books and movies. Although my boys are just learning about the adventures of Anne, I grew up with her and have many fond memories of reading about her like many young girls around the world. Gramma surprised me first thing in the morning by giving me an Anne mask and by the end of the day, I was wearing a wig too! I have an abridged version of the first Anne book to read to the boys. I don't know if they will roll their eyes or not. They just may surprise me! Just as I was surprised at how much I loved the stories myself.
Wearing red braids...a little silly, I know. But it was fun! I like to make our boys laugh! Any kindred spirits out there!?
We enjoyed several wonderful hikes today. We saw Anne's Lover's Lane, Haunted and Balsam Woods trails, and the day before the Lake of Shining Waters. We also saw where L.M.M grew up and in a separate town, the house in which she was born. This is Anne country and the more we get to know the island, the easier we can see why L.M.M was inspired to write these stories while enjoying nature herself. It was a splendid day! I almost bought some raspberry cordial...maybe next time!
0 comments:
Post a Comment