From the 7-8th we enjoyed the ultimate Dino adventure at the ROM with a Scout sleepover expedition. Whoa! It was too fun. Too exciting to sleep! I think by 4am, the hall was finally quiet as we snored under awesome dinosaurs...after karaoke and pizza parties, tours of the exhibits, digging for bones etc. The next day, you can guess that we all napped in the afternoon before heading out to celebrate Michael's birthday in Uxbridge that evening. We were pretty zonked and probably made lousy guests but what fun to have the experience to sleep at the ROM!
I was really impressed that when someone spilled water on Frunty's sleeping bag during the night, our Scout leader, Toby, leant his dry bag to him. I also noticed great team work and team spirit throughout the two day experience. I am so happy that our boys have found some wonderful, new friends here to enjoy their days until we are back in Singapore again. Maybe we can invite some of our Scout friends to visit us in Asia!
On December the 11th the boys and I headed down to the Glen Manor park for the annual Caroling in the Park which is a fundraiser for the Salvation Army Band. Frunty and Pit stood right beside the stage and sang their little hearts' out which is a big difference from last year when Grampa babysat them at home as they did not wish to come with Gramma and me. The Christmas spirit was surely felt by all and the three of us had a fun time, especially at the end, running around in the park. Frunty found a Scout scarf and took it the following Friday. Good job, Frunts! That's the Christmas spirit too!

0 comments:
Post a Comment