Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Proud of Pit!

We are back into the swing of things in Singers! We got home on Saturday and although very hard hit with jet lag, we managed to make it to badminton today! Actually I think our fun-filled weekend in Dubai really wiped us out what with the Burj Khalifa visit and the all-day water park adventure at Atlantis, the Palm. Great fun!

Our new schedule looks like this;

Math
Spanish
PE
English Language/Literature

We'll be doing a pottery class next week and still enjoy library visits or going to the Times Book store to read instead....like Chapters/Indigo, they don't mind people reading while visiting luckily although they don't sell any F&B.

So why am I so proud of Pit? Well, Pit was apprehensive about going to badminton today and actually playing. Last year, he went but did not want to practise or play with the group. Just on his own and playing with the kids afterwards. But this time he said he might try and then said he would not. I suggested practising in the morning after Spanish and so we went to the park and played a bit. The truth is, he is very good! But he was still unsure so I just told him to relax and see how he felt when he arrived. Well, he got right in there and in the end, was doing wonderful rallies with the instructor, Coach Willy. I am so proud of the little guy!

It was great to catch up with a lot of fun friends even though a few have moved on, moved back and moved away...c'est la vie...the vie of an expat. But let's look at all the silver linings and enjoy! Pit and Frunty sure did just that today!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment