Saturday, 26 October 2013

A homeschool field trip to Haw Par Villa: Tiger Balm Gardens!

What a beautiful, colourful fun but kind of scary place called Haw Par Villa owned by the creators of the famous, medicinal cream,Tiger Balm. We went on a field trip with some fellow homeschoolers...yes, you know those American friends with whom we ate Krispy Kreme doughnuts? Yep, Jennifer, Quinn and Logan joined us for a trip down memory lane in old Singapore. I am really happy that we finally visited Haw Par Villa. I think Nonna and Nonno said they visited the gardens in the 60s? Anyway it was worth a morning trip and we had a nice picnic lunch together afterwards.

,
Scary, torture scenes were unexpected and a bit horrid but captivating to three boys. The three girls walked quickly through the ghoulish cave. The stories have gotten us in the mood for Halloween though.


I thought France only gave one to the States?!?!!
Pit walking by little pots of Tiger Balm, possibly being fought over by the sumo wrestlers. Have you tried this miracle cream?! We are fans.



 Jennifer taking photos of turtles, big and small.
Good bye, Haw Par Villa! I would come again...and luckily it offered free admission! A homeschool win-win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment